Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Pregnancy update; 29-30 weeks!

Hello! :)
Last week I actually filmed a pregnancy vlog on the day I said I would!! I know, I am a bit slack for actually not making it live until now, but I had a whole host of other videos that were meant to go up before this one... But I filmed it when I said I would!! WHAT! Craziness!! 
Anyway, onto the pregnancy update...
In the way of pregnancy, I am feeling ok - I discuss all my symptoms and my appointment in the video below... 
But to recap...

Symptoms; 
  • Heartburn & reflux. I am now on Zantac (an over the counter medicine), they don't help at all... This symptom is the devil, especially at night time when I am trying to sleep! I sleep on 3 pillows which is killing my back/neck & even that doesn't help much! 
  • Nausea - YAY... But I can deal with this most of the time, I think putting up with it since the early stages I've learnt to breath through it & to control myself not to throw up. Sounds odd, but I've learnt to deal with it, like it is still horrible but I survive. 
  • Sore ribs/back on my right side... This is seriously so painful! 
  • Sore/restless legs at bedtime and cramps!
  • Weird dreams - like really weird.
  • I think I'm a bit deficient with vitamin B, I have dry/red skin on the corners of my mouth - YAY... How attractive.
  • My tummy hurts every now & then and also goes tight. I'm told & I've read this is fairly common.
Feeling;
  • I am a bit emotional lately, it can vary from pregnancy rage, to happiness & even a few teary moments... So I am pretty much a basket case at the moment.
  • I am also a bit of a crazy nester at the moment, I've been cleaning the house like a crazy women. The fridge, freezer, pantry, linen cupboards have all recently been tidied and cleaned. I just keep finding things to clean...
  • I am still not overly phased about the whole 'birthing experience', I am not scared. I know it has to happen & I'm educated on what happens & what can go wrong, so I feel like I am ok with it. Obviously it will hurt, but it will be so worth it. 
  • My tolerance levels for stupid people are at an all time low. (HAHA)
Cravings;
  • Liquorice - weird... I have seriously eaten a whole bag in like 3-4 days! 
  • Junk food; musk sticks, ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate etc. Basically anything sweet!
  • Fruit salad. YUM!
  • I can't stand cooked veggies at the moment, I still eat them but I am not a fan. (I try to eat salad more often)
  • Still not a fan of big meals, but I do eat them I just don't enjoy them...
Weight;
  • 50kgs as of last week, but now I am more at around 50.6kg... It varies, but still sitting in the 50kg area & I have been this weight for a few weeks now... (So far I have gained 10kgs since being pregnant) 
Other pregnancy news;
  • Tomorrow (Wednesday 20th/Aug) Trent & I are headed to Brisbane to pick up her pram & capsule! These are pretty much our last big ticket 'necessary items'. We still would like to buy a swing or a bouncer/rocker but that isn't a huge 'need', but we will look at some while we are in Brisbane. 
  • Baby shower invites have been sent out, I am so excited. I am also in love with my invites, they were a bit pricey & took awhile to track down but I think they are stunning! 
  • Rexy's room is completely painted & all her furniture is put together/set up! (I will do a room post when it is complete!)
Now for some photos! 
30 weeks & weight gain... I have put on 10kg since being pregnant. 
30 weeks 1 day pregnant!
Trent and I at the OB appointment, I love that Trent comes to all my appointments with me, I am so grateful that we are able to work them all into his work schedule, he hasn't missed a single appointment yet! :)
I did my first load of laundry for Rexy the other day while the weather was beautiful, this is her cradle linen. Even the mattress protectors were so tiny & small!! I love it!
These are my baby shower invites, I added pink crystals to the wheels to make them a bit girly. But I love them, so sparkly & sweet!! 
And now for the video, if you want to watch it on YouTube click HERE or watch below :) 
Thank you so much for reading & watching, I still cannot believe how close her arrival is! 
Talk to you all soon,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ahh 10 weeks to go! So exciting! I can't wait to "meet" little Rexy already and hear what name you'll have picked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Bella. Glad all is going well. The reflux only gets worse, I'm afraid. But at least you don't have too long to go now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)