Friday, 2 August 2013

A marvellous midweek meal idea; 'Maggi Stir Fry Creations'...

This post is a 'Product Talk'. I am not being paid for my opinion & honestly I wouldn't write about a product that I didn't like! Please click HERE for more info! :) 
Being pregnant is such a wonderful time but it also comes with it challenges, for me one of the biggest challenges is food.
Sure I love to eat (always have - thank God for my fast metabolism), but since being pregnant I either hate cooking (which I loved before I fell pregnant) or I just don't feel like 'dinner meals'. Basically eating & cooking has become a chore!
I seriously didn't cook anything for my first trimester, I couldn't stand the thought/look/smell of meat (which is very odd, because I am a huge red meat fan!) & I had zero energy. Thankfully I can now stand to cook a little bit. But the thought of most 'big meals' make me nauseous & I still have very little energy!
Honestly I would much prefer a chicken & coleslaw burger for dinner, but that isn't very healthy. 
It is currently Winter here in Australia, normally this is the time of year when I am making big hearty warm meals, but I seriously cannot stomach them. So for dinners I have been cooking a lot lighter & simple meals.  
One of our main midweek staple meals is stir fry. It is so easy to make & it is a meal I can pack loads of vegetables into & normally it doesn't make my heartburn act up to badly! And it is also a meal I make with enough leftovers so Trent can take a serve of it to work for a warm & nutritious lunch!  
I have recently discovered a great new product; Maggi "Stir Fry Creations". This product makes this whole process so easy. Dinner is seriously ready in easily under 30 minutes & it's so tasty! (I make it while half watching Home & Away!)
It is a 2 part product, the first half is an infusion paste which coats the meat perfectly with real herbs & spices & the second half is the finishing sauce which you use before you serve the meal. 
I found making a stir fry during the week is a great way to have a balanced meal & I can add in so many great vegetables and it really takes no time at all to prepare! (It is even easier when you buy pre-cut stir fry meat strips from Woolworths & you can buy really nice fresh prepared stir fry veggies in the produce department & even the freezer section of the supermarket!) 
This product is available at Woolworths, Coles & Independent Supermarkets for $3.29. 
There are 5 tasty options to choose from;
  • Honey, Soy & Garlic
  • Teriyaki & Sesame 
  • Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Lemongrass
  • Chinese 5 spice & Soy (I made this one the other night, it was so yummy!) 
  • Garlic & Ginger Chicken

For more info on Maggi "Stir Fry Creations" please click HERE! 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I too find cooking to be quite a chore now that I'm pregnant too! Love a quick stirfry.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)