Sunday, 23 June 2013

Baby Room renovations.

We have finally started working on Rexy's baby room!! 
I am so excited that this project is finally underway. We have been so busy lately & finally we got a few spare days when Trent was off the other week so we could get started!
The first 3 days were spent clearing out just crap from the room, we have so much stuff just stored in that room. So I packed up what I wanted to keep in plastic storage boxes, put a few items aside to try and sell and donated the rest of it! It is really amazing the amount of 'stuff' we can accumulate! 
Wednesday was the day we tore up all the carpet, which is a bit of a frustrating job. 
Firstly we had to rip the carpet layer off, then remove all the little wooden boards with nails in them that are laid around the edging of the room that keep the carpet in place & then there is the vinyl floor covering underneath that, that had to be rolled up. Thankfully that layer wasn't glued down, so it is a relatively simple process but it is frustrating. 
I think it already looks so much better! :)
On Trent's next lot of days off we got so much done, the floors were sanded, the walls & edging/architraves were undercoated & then painted and now all that is left to do is the window sills, the cupboard doors, the room door and then polish the floors (which will either be done this week or the following - hopefully!) 

For decorating the room I've always had the same idea. The walls will be the same colour as the last room we renovated, with clean white detailing. I am not a huge fan of brightly coloured walls and I did also base this decision around the fact we do one day in the future wish to rent or sell this house, so it is a lot more cost effective to paint it a neutral colour that goes with the rest of the house. For a 'feature' I am thinking of a wall sticker, I just need to find the perfect one... (I know stickers can rip paint off, but that's fine I would prefer to only have to touch up some torn paint then have to repaint a whole room!)
Our baby furniture will be dark timber, I've always liked dark timber and I don't think it goes out of style. So they are my ideas, well what's in my head anyway... What is your dream baby room look like?
I've found some gorgeous ones on Pinterest 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the work done so far! We're just starting on our nursery this weekend and it's stressing me out.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)