Wednesday, 10 October 2012

The arrival of my KitchenAid mixer... {Blogtoberfest Day #10}

A few days ago I wrote a post about ordering my very special birthday present... You can read it HERE. (I will try and get a complete 'birthday haul' & blog post up soon!)
So anyway, I ordered my KitchenAid mixer and it finally arrived today! I was so excited when the postman knocked on the door I almost screamed at him, haha.  
It came packed in 3 boxes and Trent had to help me unbox it. Mainly because it was packed in styrofoam and I hate, HATE the sound of styrofoam. 
I pulled it out and set it up and just stood there amazed at the fact I now owned a KitchenAid, I had only dreamt of this for years... 
And the colour I chose was.... PINK!! 
I was going to pick the 'ice blue' colour, which is similar to turquoise. But I have always loved pink and wanted a colour that would stand out in any kitchen and showed that it was mine. Pink is such a gorgeous, fun and girly colour and the pastel pink has a slight retro feel to it. And I love everything vintage and this beautiful appliance in a soft pink makes me feel just a little bit more like a '1950s housewife'! 
So this is it...
My KitchenAid... 
My pretty new KitchenAid!
This is what came with the mixer... The official KitchenAid mixer cookbook, flat beater, dough hook, wire whisk, pouring whisk, stainless steel bowl and KitchenAid DVD.
I am total love with this baby! To me it is perfect and gorgeous!!
So, what do you think?
I cannot wait to whip up some delicious treats in this gorgeous girl... (I still need to think up a name, any suggestions?!)
Also a huge thank you to my very generous husband for spoiling me with this very nice & expensive appliance... I am an extremely lucky wife. I love you Trent. :)
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

7 comments:

  1. Ok I CANNOT stand styrofoam!!!! I can't even touch it! The sound freaks me!!!! Just like soft sand!!!!

    Oh she's a beauty!!!!!! She looks like a Delilah :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I am the exact same with styrofoam and dry stuff (like flour etc)... I hate the sound/feel etc... HAHA.

      She is gorgeous and Delilah is a good name, that one is on top of the list! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Bella,

    I have the same one. Love it. It is one of the few appliances that keeps it's high and mighty place on my countertop. That and the coffeemaker! My husband uses it more than I do. He makes his own pasta with the attachments that come off the front. It is actually HIS mixer, truth be told, but I use it freely for mixing anything I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mine will be exactly the same, I have made a special space for it and I am planning to make a special quilted cover for it soon! :) I want to get the ice cream attachment... It sounds like fun! Thank you for the comment! xo

      Delete
  3. So glad that you turned off the captcha. I despise captchas! I came over from the Blogtoberfest by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw YAY I am glad someone from Blogtoberfest reads my posts :) HAHA. But yes I also hate captchas, so I thought it was a smart decision! :)

      Delete
  4. Newest follower here! I Found you through the Tuesday link up :) Cute blog, I love it. I love my kitchen aid, it is my most used appliance.
    -Melanie

    P.S. I’m doing a $50 Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog. You should check it out here: http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)