Friday, 26 October 2012

Renovations - the start! {Blogtoberfest Day #26}

Over the past couple weeks Trent & I have been super busy, we have been starting some renovations! (If you follow me on any social media you will know all about this!)
We have a HUGE spare room, but the wall paint was boring, the carpet was ugly & we want to start 'doing the house up a bit'... So we picked the back room & started. This room will eventually be my study/makeup/craft/sewing room as well as a guest room. I am not joking when I say it is HUGE. 
This was the room at the start of last year, it looked a little different before we started renovating it (the pink single bed (my bed from when I was little!) had been replaced with my double bed)... But this gives you an idea of how big it was... (In photo 1 that duchess near the built in cupboards is actually built in - argh!!!)
The room cleared out... 
Rolling up the carpet...
Under the ugly carpet there was some even uglier lino...
Under the ugly flooring was pretty wooden floors!!
Then came the fun part of prepping the floors... 
And then the sanding, on this day I learnt I hate the smell of cyprus... Everyone we spoke to was saying how lovely the floor boards smell when you sand them, clearly everyone is weird, I hated the smell! And I also hate the feeling of the dust!! Argh!
Floor boards...
Time to paint!!
I was responsible for doing all the 'cutting in' (edges/trim etc) Trent did the rolling on the roof & then for the walls we swapped... :)
Spook was the paint inspector and liked to help out. 
This is a sneak peek at the room, most of these photos are with 1 coat of paint, the bottom one is the room at finished painting stage... 
So that is what we have been up to lately!! We just have to polish the floor boards now, which we plan to do shortly :) And maybe paint/distress/sand the little duchess sort of thing that is built into the room! 
And then I get to buy furniture!! Well, I get to buy a new desk & maybe a rug and some pretty little things - but still, shopping!! YAY! 
So what do you think? Do you like the colour choice? Do you think it looks better? I am very happy with how it has turned out so far!! It is a lot of work, but I am very proud. I will be even prouder once it's fully done!
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

7 comments:

  1. Great work Belinda. When Trent's done with your floor boards, send him down here. My kitchen, living, dining area needs sanding. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I cannot wait for it to be finished either! x

      Delete
  2. Love the renovations Bella! The colour you chose looks great, it adds a lot of warmth to the space. I can't believe how big your spare room is either- I'm very jealous! :) It will look so amazing when it is all finished! Looking forward to seeing it all done- I've subscribed to your lovely blog. :)
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words & for subscribing! xo

      Delete
  3. OMG I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!
    P.s That room is HUGEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room is massive! :) I am so excited for when it's finished - I cannot wait!

      Delete
  4. Hi Very nice blog. Thanks for sharing the information.


    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)