Thursday, 4 October 2012

Halloween sewing & inspiration. {Blogtoberfest day #4}

Halloween is fast approaching and I am still trying to set up my decorations, but today I finally used my new sewing machine to whip up some Halloween bunting! 
I still need to attach it to some ribbon to hang it by, but all the flags are sewn together! Mum helped me and showed me how to pin them properly, but I pretty much did it all myself. To an experienced sewer this may not be a huge deal, but I never did home ec at school (besides grade 8 where I had to sew boxer shorts, which I sewed to my school skirt). I've never been a brilliant sewer, so I am proud of myself. I have sewn a few things that are very simple, like these Christmas cushions from last year... But since getting this machine I am determined to learn to sew and fill my home with gorgeous hand made things... So this is a step in the right direction for me and I can only get better! 
My fabric... Isn't it cute.
Cutting out and pinning.
Sewing...
H is for Halloween...
All sewed... :)
Happy Halloween!
Do you decorate for Halloween? I know here in Australia this holiday isn't widely celebrated but each year it is slowly becoming more popular. I just think it is such a fun holiday and I love everything creepy & spooky, so I have to jump at the opportunity to 'spookify' my house! Here is some Halloween 'pinspiration' I found on Pinterest. 
Source: redbookmag.com via Belinda on Pinterest













For more Halloween 'pinspiration' please check out my Pinterest board found HERE...
I am very inspired to make the little 'grave yard scene in a jar'. I have 2 massive empty jars, it's such a cute idea, but now where do I find tiny pumpkins and tombstones!? 
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some inspiration! Please leave me a comment below on how you decorate for Halloween, I am always looking for new inspiration!  (Or you can tweet me @bella_k or Facebook me!) 
Thanks for reading!
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed the graveyard scene in a jar is terrific! You could make little pumpkins out of fondant, and make gingerbread type tombstones.so it's an edible scene. Also nice work with the sewing, I can't sew to save myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. That is good idea about the 'edible grave yard', thank you!

      Delete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)