Saturday, 27 October 2012

Final anniversary road trip post!! {Blogtoberfest Day #27}

On the 1st of August we made our way home from Mackay. (Sorry this blog is so late!) We were up early, farewelled my sister Nicole & her pets and hit the road for a 12 hour drive. 
Car packed and ready to go!!
Bye bye Watson!!
Bye Pepe!
See ya later Nikki!
This was our last day of our anniversary road trip, we were exhausted and couldn't wait to get home to our furbabies and own beds! 
I filmed a vlog just after we left Mackay, so here it is for you all;

We did make one more stop on the way, we visited the Capricorn Caves which are just outside of Rockhampton. This is the third time I've visited the caves (once with my family & another time with my school on senior camp) but it was the first time for Trent. 
If you are in the Rockhampton area I suggest you check out the caves, they are interesting & I think they are pretty! We did want to do the 'adventure tour' in the caves (small space crawls etc) but we just didn't have enough time! So we just did the normal tour, which is still good.
Walking up to the caves.
Inside the caves.
On the cave tour!
See this rock formation kind of looks like little palm trees...
Trent and I in the cave!
In the cathedral area of the caves. People get married here, it is very beautiful.
Capricorn Caves.
At the end of the tour we get to guide ourselves out. :)
Swinging bridges are fun!
After we explored the caves we also had a quick lunch break in Rocky and then continued on the long drive. 
I started to get a little bored in the car, obviously.
We did have to drive through the night for a bit, which isn't a lot of fun. We saw a lot of wildlife on the road sides, that is always a bit worrying because those little guys do not know their road rules!
Watching the sunset & the moon appear all while driving home...
Driving into the night.
This damn hare wouldn't get off the road, this was about half an hour away from home & we had to slow down and let it run off the road, it seriously just kept running in down the road! HAHA. Silly hare!
Mossman & Mackay were the places we went to visit, they were nice in warm in winter. We returned to Toowoomba to freezing temperatures! 
We were so pleased to see these 4 little furry faces, we missed them dearly!
We did get home pretty late & we were exhausted. Our trip was wonderful & we had a great time and it was just what we needed!
If you would like to read about the other days of our anniversary road trip here are the links;
I hope you enjoyed all my holiday posts! Sorry they were so stretched out, but finally they are all up and completed!
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

5 comments:

  1. The caves look kind of scary! I would be afraid of an earthquake! ;-) But it makes for some cool pictures!

    Road trips are fun! We just got back form a 6 hour one to check out the Hearst Castle!


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never have earthquakes in Queensland (gosh, I hope I don't jinx us now!) so we were pretty safe, they are kind of scary when I think about it, but they are also so beautiful & very interesting.
      x

      Delete
  2. Aww the photos with "watson" are so cute!!!!!! the caves look beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caves are very cool, and Watson is a cute fella! A bit special, but still cute!
      x

      Delete
  3. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will often come back down the road. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice weekend!
    Here is my homepage : lanautica.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)