Monday, 15 October 2012

DIY inspiration & ideas. {Blogtoberfest Day #15}

So lately I've been thinking of doing some DIY projects, I have a problem though I am just way to nervous to start. Not that anything I am going to 'upcycle' will be of great value to start off with (I am thinking of trying to make a few pin boards more pretty and then eventually maybe my coffee table)... 
What has inspired this sudden urge to 'upcycle'? 
Besides from the fact I have always loved 'junk' & vintage things the other main inspiration has been Pinterest, damn bloody pinterest! It is so addictive and inspiring... 
So these are some of the images that have made me want to get all 'DIY'ish, I may try some of them (or similar) and if they turn out I will do a post on them and if they fail miserably I may also do a post, haha. :)
    I want to do a menu board that I can display in my kitchen
         I love these colours...

     So pretty and simple!  
     Coffee table ideas... I want to remake mine, but I don't know if I should go white or turquoise or what...
If you would like to check out some more images please click HERE. 
Let me know if you have done any of these sort of DIYs before and how they turned out, or give me any DIY tips PLEASE in the comments below! (Or Facebook or Tweet me!) 
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

6 comments:

  1. Hey love,

    We are also restoring some furniture here. Our kitchen is now that turqoise colour scheme and we are antiquing a dresser our landlord gave us by using the crackling effect. I read online that school glue like pva glue put on after the base coat will make the crackle effect when you put the top coat on. I was excited to get my first power tool on Sunday, a sander :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanne!
      I can't wait to finally get into this restorations, I hope they turn out!
      Thanks for the tip!!
      I am lucky in the way of power tools, because Trent was a builder he has every power tool I think I will ever need! :)
      I totally didn't realise you had a blog, I thought you did & I thought I was subscribed, but turns out I wasn't! But now I am!! :)x

      Delete
  2. Hi Bella, love your pics, pinterest is lovely but addictive! Thanks for visiting and following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment :)
      And pinterest is so much fun but yes the worst thing, hours fly by when I'm on there! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute candle holder! Plus, the turquoise is so pretty!


    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love turquoise and I thought the candle holder was very sweet too! :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)