Friday, 14 September 2012

Leaving Mossman {Anniversary road trip Day 6}

Day 6 of our trip was a driving day... It was the day we left gorgeous Mossman, we were headed back to Mackay to spend a few days with my sister, Nicole.
We were up super early, had a delicious breakfast and started the 10 hour drive to Mackay. We had a lunch stop in Townsville, we caught up with my awesome Uncle for lunch on 'The Strand' and then we were back on the road. 
This day wasn't mega exciting, but I really did enjoy just spending time with Trent, laughing and talking, for such a boring day it was a great day... Being stuck in car for 10 hours is tough and not much fun, but I'm lucky to have the best road trip partner ever...
Here is our day in photos;
Aw goodbye wonderful hammock, I miss you everyday! 
Last photo on our balcony!
Ah CatBird, I miss you I wish we were back there everyday. This place was amazing!! I seriously suggest you stay at 'The Silky Oaks Lodge' at Mossman once in your life! It is heaven!
We were up so early even the scrub turkeys were sleepy!
Our view from breakfast...
Yes, breakfast was this amazing EVERY morning!!
Me at breakfast (I really like this outfit...)
Trent finalising the bill before we left. 
While Trent fixed up the bill I wandered through the gift store and I found this bar of soap. Now we got this exact one as a 'complimentary gift' in our room and I was going to get one for Mum because it smelt nice, and then I thought "my Mother would shoot me if she knew I paid $14 for a bar of soap" - haha! I was a little shocked at the price... 
The pool...
The stunning restaurant/reception/bar area... 
This place is just so relaxing...
We had a great time at Mossman, we were so sad to leave!
Early morning sun over the cane fields...
Some photos from 'Rex Lookout'... Isn't that cool, you know... T-rex, B-rex our nick names and we found a 'Rex Lookout' on our anniversary trip!
I made a quick stop at the Cairns Guess store, next holiday blog will include my haul video!!
I know these photos are a bit blurry, but how amazing and detailed is this garden!
We passed through a town called 'Babinda' which kinda sounds like 'Belinda'...
Road trippin'...
Cardwell...




      
The boredom finally kicked in... HAHA...
Townsville...
Bridge...
No joke I bought alcohol from a service station!!! WHAT??! All my Australian readers will understand how really odd this is!! It blew my mind, the trip was getting a bit dull and I was sleepy so I needed something to perk myself up and continue to be a chatty little passenger so I got a vodka! (And they were also REALLY cheap!)
Sunset in the rear vision mirror, love it! (We still had a few hours of driving after the sunset...)
We finally made it Mackay and I got to snuggle Pepe my sisters guinea pig!
So that was Day 6, sorry no video for this one... 
For my other 'anniversary road trip blogs' click;

Stay tuned for the adventures I got up to in Mackay and my holiday 'shopping spree' haul!! 
Thanks for reading!!
Love you all!
XoXo.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)