Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Road Trippin' {The Granite Belt June 2012}

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.  ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
Hey everyone!
On Tuesday Trent & I were up early'ish (ok 8am, which is early for me) and then we set out on a road trip to Stanthorpe, which is 1 hour and 45 minutes from Toowoomba. The weather was cold & dreary, it was pretty miserable. But my theory was it's better to get out and do something even if the weather is crap than sit at home doing nothing! 
So we were on the road, we got to Stanthorpe and visited the tourist centre, saw the brass monkey* and then grabbed some lunch. 
After lunch we headed out to Ballandean to check out some local quirky tourist attractions... We did go to the Granite Belt maze but didn't end up going in, it did look cool though! Before we headed home we stopped in at Vincenzo's, it is a really nice spot to stop for some wine & gelato!
Stanthorpe tourist attraction list (well the ones I wanted to see!)
Road trip time!!
Rest stop time at Warwick!
YAY!! So close to Texas!! Well Texas QLD 4385!!
Made it to Stanthorpe!
Just me hanging out with the 'brass monkey' in Stanthorpe during 'Brass Monkey' season!
I thought this sign at the 'Country Club Hotel' we had lunch at was funny. 

The 'Fruitisforus' at Ballandean... 
The 'Pyramid' at Ballandean... 
The Big Apple at Vincenzo's at Thulimbah.
Wine time at Vincenzo's
I found some giant kangaroos at Thulimbah!
Love road trips! Nothing beats driving on long stretches of empty road with good music playing and just being able to think!
Heading home after a long & good day out together! (Argh I can't believe this is the ONLY photo we got together for the whole day...)
Heading home in the rain. At least the rain held off until the drive home!! :)

And guess what, well I filmed our whole day as well! So check out the video below! :) Let me know what you think... (If you want to watch it on YouTube click HERE)



Ok well, I hope y'all enjoyed this post & video! 
I liked filming during the road trip & 'bringing you all along' so let me know if you would like to see more of these videos & type of blogs! 
If you are ever in the South East Queensland I suggest you hit the road & tour around the Granite Belt area... 
If you live around Toowoomba, give me some suggestions for where I should visit!
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.
*Brass monkey; a monkey was a kind of brass tray on wooden fighting ships that held stacked up cannon balls. When the temperature dropped below freezing the metal "monkey" contracted and the cannon balls rolled off, hence freeze the balls off a brass monkey. 

4 comments:

  1. my husband is from stanthorpe so we go regularly. I quite like it really. Ballandean is pronounced bal-en-dean : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pronunciation explanation :) I appreciate it!! I think it's a nice place as well! x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your blog, very interesting, it’s very informative and useful article. I am always searching to this kind of awesome post. Thanks.

    Are you interested to know about Visit Granite Countertops.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)