Thursday, 31 May 2012

Farewell Fall, Welcome Winter...

  Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  it is the time for home.  ~Edith Sitwell

So today was the last day of Autumn here in Australia, meaning when I wake up in the morning Winter will be here... The transition from Autumn to Winter has been pretty sudden, a few days ago it was fairly warm, today it was like it arrived early, I woke up to a cold & over cast day, so cold in fact we have had the fire going during the day & I wore 2 hoodies & a scarf! And I am not complaining! I much prefer to be cold then hot! So bring on this chilly season, bring on the Winter clothes & accessories, warm comfort food, toasty fires, big blankets and cold sunny days. I love it all... 
Here are a few snaps I took during Autumn... 
Autumn is the most beautiful time of year here in Toowoomba, I love how all the trees change colour.
My front yard becomes littered with beautifully coloured leaves, I love Autumn.. 
  And now the trees are almost bare... 
A few days ago it wasn't too cold, it was sunny but cool enough to wear jeans, boots & just a shirt...
And today it was cold! Winter pretty much started today!

So in celebration of the new season I thought I would share some of my favourite Pinterest images that make me think Winter...

Pictures of cats in the snow make me want to pack up Mishka & Spook and head somewhere snowy...
Doesn't he look adorable! He is just like a teddy bear!!  Daisy & Duke are in their coats at night time & today was so chilly they stayed in them all day!








Source: popurls.com via Belinda on Pinterest     Squirrels + Snow = amazing photos...




Source: google.com via Belinda on Pinterest






Source: flickr.com via Belinda on Pinterest
Ok I know we don't actually get snow In Queensland (damn!) & I have never actually seen snow, but I love snow photos & these photos just scream my dream Winter... Seriously, each Summer here I contemplate running away to chase Winter around the world. 

I have a ton more images on Pinterest, check out my WINTER or SNOW board to see more Wintery beauty... 
I hope this post got you in the mood for the wonderful chilly season ahead!
Let me know what your favourite thing is about Winter in the comments below, I know some people really dislike the cold, but I love it... 
And if you live in an area where it snows, I am extremely jealous! 
Stay warm & love you all.
XoXo.
B.
When the coloured leaves fall from the trees, leaving the branches bare, you know a winter chill is about to be in the air... -BKS

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post! It sure is feeling a lot like Winter! I'm loving that pink snow picture! It's my fav and is my lock screen!! So beautiful and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :)
      I love that image too! It is stunning!!

      Delete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)