Friday, 24 February 2012

I vow to be grateful for love & romantic dates!

I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home. - Paige 'The Vow'. 

It was a cool and rainy day today, Trent and I just had a normal day, but we decided to turn what was meant to be a dull afternoon into a 'date afternoon'. I had been given a double pass to see the latest 'chick flick' The Vow and we felt today was a perfect day to see it. 


The movie for those who haven't seen it is about a young couple Paige & Leo (Rachel McAdams & Channing Tatum) who are involved in a car crash, Leo is fine but Paige suffers from memory loss about the past 5 years of her life. So she has no memory of marrying Leo or her life with him, but remembers being engaged to her previous fiance' & her 'old life'! It is a really sweet film that was inspired a true story. I won't give away what happens, but if you get the chance I would suggest you go see it! I will definitely be purchasing this movie on DVD when it comes out! 
The cinema the movie was playing at was the Toowoomba Strand Cinema, this theatre isn't the most up to date place, but that is why I like it! I love the old mouldings on the walls and the pressed metal ceilings. Even if the chair arms don't lift up in the theatre and the seating isn't that up to date, it's still got that 'vintage' feeling. I think it's adorable. 
Isn't it beautiful!
We shared a popcorn and coke, I love cinema food!


So after seeing this cute movie Trent and I dashed through the rain to get to our car and decided to have a spur of the moment coffee date, we wanted to try a new place we had never been to before. So we decided on 'Firefly' a quirky little coffee placed tucked between Smoke & Mirrors and what is now a vacant store (it use to be a loans business, so hopefully something entertaining may move into this space) on Ruthven Street. We placed our order, 1 mocha, mug-a-cino and a slice of chocolate cake to share and wandered off to find our table. We ventured to the second level, following a romantic string of fairy lights to what felt like a private little room, the windows were pushed open so we could see the rain and look down into the centre of Ruthven and Margaret Streets. It was really lovely. When our orders came we noticed our hot drinks were topped with actual chocolate shavings! That was neat, the chocolate cake was good as well. It was home made and had awesome chocolate icing! 
The pretty stairwell.
The view out of the 2nd level window.
My mocha...
Trent's cappuccino. 
My mocha and the chocolate cake... YUM!

We then headed home. On the drive home I looked out the window watching the rain and thought how lucky I am, in life and in love. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, he is amazing and I feel so grateful to have him in my life and for all the time we get to spend time together! 
When we got home, whilst I caught the end of a popular soap opera (Home & Away) Trent went to have a shower and then emerged a while later missing something, his beard! He always has facial hair and tonight he decided to shave it off, it was kind of like looking at him when we first started dating, he looked so young! I like him either way, but with the beard he looks a bit older than me, which is a good thing! (I am about 7 months older than Trent, he turns 23 in April and I turn 24 in September!) Anyway it is a cool change, but I am sure the beard will be almost back in a few days! 
Before....
After...

I thought I would type this sweet little post up for you all, normally I would've procrastinated and this post would've never been typed. But sticking with my goals for Lent, I got straight into typing once I got the chance!
I leave you with this question, what part of your life do you feel lucky or blessed in? I feel so blessed to have the life I do and to have everything I do, the people (& pets) that surround me, the beautiful town I live in & my material items. I think it is always a good time to be grateful for what we have, but it's always good to reflect during Lent.  

Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. - Leo "The Vow".

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful and perfect! Spontaneous dates are so special!!! I can't wait to see this movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to know that we are blessed, just being alive and having food on our table and having someone to love... simple life, some might say..but to me I guess I would have nothing much more to ask for. Sometimes when I look around and see people less fortunate I wish they could in some other way be more fortunate than me. Nice pics and great classic cinema deco. Pls do read about my ..along came a gentleman...For the fun of it, thks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel lucky that we had no problem in conceiving our first child, while other friends around me struggled. I feel lucky that we are stable in our lives, both with each other, and the relationships that we have with our families.

    I feel blessed that the friends who were having trouble conceiving, have both had a stroke of luck as well, and their little bundles of joy will join ours in the later part of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much!
    www.greeklicious.de.vu

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)