Now onto the outfit details...
I purchased the dress I wore about a year ago and I wore it to Trent's Christmas party last December. I love this dress & think it's a really fun piece but at the same time is something I will be able to wear for years to come because to me it is a classic. I love the fact it is red as I think a red dress for the Christmas season is perfect and it's a nice change to the traditional 'little black dress'. The shoes I am wearing I think are such fun heels & are really 'statement shoes'. I did buy them with the intention of wearing them to my wedding but I found a blue pair instead! The jewellery I kept simple with just pearls. The earrings (sorry I didn't mention them in the video) are my wedding earrings & the I ended up going with the thinner pearl necklace.
Where everything is from;
- Dress; CUE. I love this store & it sells the most beautiful clothes that are made of the best quality and are beautiful classic pieces.
- Shoes; Novo.
- Earrings; Myer.
- Necklace; I was given as a gift.
- Bag; I am not sure where Mum got it, she has had for a fair few years but it's stayed in such good condition because she really looks after all her items! :)
Make up; With my make up I wanted to really play up the gold colour from my shoes & bag with my eyes. So I firstly did a bright white inner corner (I really like this effect as it makes my eyes look brighter & wider), I then did a gold eye shadow and a dark brown in the crease and on the outer corner. I lined my top lash line with black eyeliner and then went over the top of it with NYX glitter liquid liner and also lined my bottom lower lash line with a gold liquid liner by NYX. I lined my inner lash lines as well for a more dramatic look & then added black mascara. I kept my cheeks standard with some contouring & bronzer & blush. I highlighted the tops of my cheekbones as normal. For lips I used my favourite red lipstick by Australis. I like wearing a red lipstick with this dress as I think it really pulls the whole look together.
Make up products used;
Make up products used;
- Fake Tan. Sun FX.
- Foundation; Revlon Color Stay. 204 Medium Beige.
- Concealer; Maybelline Mineral Power. Fair.
- Setting powder; Australis Ready Set Go finishing powder. True Translucent.
- Eye primer; NYX HD Photogenic Concealer.
- White eyeshadow; Maybelline 01 snow white.
- Gold eyeshadow; One of my eyeshadows is unlabelled but I did use some of NYX pigment Ultra Pearl Mania. Yellow Gold.
- Extra eyeshadows. I used some of the Australis Choc-a-block palette.
- Eyebrow pencil. Rimmel London professional eyebrow pencil. 001 dark brown.
- Liquid liner for top lash line. Physicians Formula, Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker. Ultra Black. ( I will do a review on this product soon!)
- Glitter liner. NYX Candy Glitter Liner. 01 French Champagne.
- Bottom outer lash line. NYX Liquid Eye Liner. LE09 Gold.
- Water line. Chi Chi All Night Long, Black Automatic Liner.
- Mascara. NYX Doll Eye Mascara. Water proof black.
- Bronzer. Modelista Bronze Shimmer Highlighter palette.
- Blush. Playboy. Tie Me To The Bedpost. (This product is no longer available)
- Blush. Masquerade. BM25 Blusher.
- Highlighter. Napoleon Perdis. Mosaic Gleamer.
- Finishing Spray. Australis Make-up Finishing Spritz.
- Lipstick. Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick. Cha-Cha.
So my loves now for some photos from the night...
Hair & Makeup...
Trent and I before I left. See we are silly together and going somewhere without him is just plain boring...
Nicole and I.
Mum and I.
Nicole and Mum.
Dad, Me, Nicole & Mum.
Once again congratulations Nicole, hope you had a lovely night.
Thanks for reading! More 'outfit of the day' style posts to come, let me know if you like these style posts :)
Love you all.