Monday, 21 November 2011

Formal OOTN. Nicoles University Formal.

On November 12, my parents and I attended my sister Nicole's university formal... She is graduating from her nursing degree in March & we went to celebrate her success. It was a nice night. The only down side for me was Trent wasn't able to come as he was on night shift so I kind of only had my Mum to chat to. But it was a fun night and congratulations Nicole.


Now onto the outfit details...




I purchased the dress I wore about a year ago and I wore it to Trent's Christmas party last December. I love this dress & think it's a really fun piece but at the same time is something I will be able to wear for years to come because to me it is a classic. I love the fact it is red as I think a red dress for the Christmas season is perfect and it's a nice change to the traditional 'little black dress'. The shoes I am wearing I think are such fun heels & are really 'statement shoes'. I did buy them with the intention of wearing them to my wedding but I found a blue pair instead! The jewellery I kept simple with just pearls. The earrings (sorry I didn't mention them in the video) are my wedding earrings & the I ended up going with the thinner pearl necklace. 
 Where everything is from;

  • Dress; CUE. I love this store & it sells the most beautiful clothes that are made of the best quality and are beautiful classic pieces.
  • Shoes; Novo. 
  • Earrings; Myer.
  • Necklace; I was given as a gift.
  • Bag; I am not sure where Mum got it, she has had for a fair few years but it's stayed in such good condition because she really looks after all her items! :)
Make up; With my make up I wanted to really play up the gold colour from my shoes & bag with my eyes. So I firstly did a bright white inner corner (I really like this effect as it makes my eyes look brighter & wider), I then did a gold eye shadow and a dark brown in the crease and on the outer corner. I lined my top lash line with black eyeliner and then went over the top of it with NYX glitter liquid liner and also lined my bottom lower lash line with a gold liquid liner by NYX. I lined my inner lash lines as well for a more dramatic look & then added black mascara. I kept my cheeks standard with some contouring & bronzer & blush. I highlighted the tops of my cheekbones as normal. For lips I used my favourite red lipstick by Australis. I like wearing a red lipstick with this dress as I think it really pulls the whole look together.  
Make up products used;



  • Fake Tan. Sun FX.
  • Foundation; Revlon Color Stay. 204 Medium Beige.
  • Concealer; Maybelline Mineral Power. Fair.
  • Setting powder; Australis Ready Set Go finishing powder. True Translucent. 
  • Eye primer; NYX HD Photogenic Concealer. 
  • White eyeshadow; Maybelline 01 snow white.
  • Gold eyeshadow; One of my eyeshadows is unlabelled but I did use some of NYX pigment Ultra Pearl Mania. Yellow Gold.
  • Extra eyeshadows. I used some of the Australis Choc-a-block palette.
  • Eyebrow pencil. Rimmel London professional eyebrow pencil. 001 dark brown.
  • Liquid liner for top lash line. Physicians Formula, Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker. Ultra Black. ( I will do a review on this product soon!)
  • Glitter liner. NYX Candy Glitter Liner. 01 French Champagne. 
  • Bottom outer lash line. NYX Liquid Eye Liner. LE09 Gold.
  • Water line. Chi Chi All Night Long, Black Automatic Liner. 
  • Mascara. NYX Doll Eye Mascara. Water proof black.
  • Bronzer. Modelista Bronze Shimmer Highlighter palette.
  • Blush. Playboy. Tie Me To The Bedpost. (This product is no longer available)
  • Blush. Masquerade. BM25 Blusher.
  • Highlighter. Napoleon Perdis. Mosaic Gleamer.
  • Finishing Spray. Australis Make-up Finishing Spritz. 
  • Lipstick. Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick. Cha-Cha.
So my loves now for some photos from the night...
Hair & Makeup...
Trent and I before I left. See we are silly together and going somewhere without him is just plain boring...
Nicole.
Nicole and I.
Mum and I.
Nicole and Mum.
 Dad, Me, Nicole & Mum.
Sisters.

Once again congratulations Nicole, hope you had a lovely night.

Thanks for reading! More 'outfit of the day' style posts to come, let me know if you like these style posts :)
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

1 comment:

  1. You lOok beautiful!!! Would love to see some you tube videos on how to do make up!!! Especially eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)