Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Beach bound to cleanse the soul!

Hey loves!!
Ok last Tuesday (November 15) Trent & I woke up early, packed the car, farewelled the pets & headed to the beach for the day! It has been so darn hot here in Queensland and heading to the beach on Trent's day off was the smartest choice! 
We got down there about 10:30am and headed over to Currumbin Beach which is maybe like 15minutes from Surfers Paradise. We spent about 2 hours there just playing in the surf, laying in the sun, you know beachy things! We really weren't phased about doing anything except relaxing and spending time together. I feel like it is good not only for us as a couple to get away from everything sometimes even if it is just for the day but it's also good for us as individuals to escape. Sometimes I find with life we just get so caught up in everything, especially now that Christmas is fast approaching, everything gets so chaotic. Taking a day here & there to have some 'us' time or 'me' time is awesome. And I'm not saying I go away and disconnect entirely with the world, I was still instagraming up a storm (just because I was having fun taking photos!) & I spoke to my Mum maybe like 3 times that day. I guess it is all an individual choice, some people need those 'technology free' days. To me technology, social media & being constantly contactable is just a part of life today. I never switch my phone off & I am pretty much always contactable somehow. Anyway, enough rambling it's fair to say our morning was very relaxing & we had a lot of fun playing in the refreshing surf.
For lunch we drove about 15 - 20 minutes to 'The Spit' to go to a 'fresh fish', fish & chip shop. (Peters Fish Market in Southport) And when I say fresh fish I mean fresh. At this store you pick your own piece of sea food & you can either take it away & cook it yourself or they can cook it how you like. We always go here when we are at the coast, Trent loves it! And it's pretty reasonably priced. I think for our meal; 2 pieces of fish (Trent had swordfish I had reef cod and both were battered) 1 large chips, 6 calamari rings, 2 potato scallops & a tomato sauce (yes we eat a lot!!) was no more than $30. Which to us is pretty standard for take away. If we were to go get burgers at somewhere like Grill'd for just 2 burgers it's $30+. So to us what we paid we got a really good meal & thought it was good value. I will give you a tip though if you decide to eat out here; ask for any fillets of fish to be de-boned. My cod unfortunately had like 3 bones in it, which is no big deal as I know you have to be careful with fish but if you had kids I guess you should de-bone it! And also a small chips would've been plenty for us, the large is a VERY generous serve. We ate our lunch at 'The Spit' on our picnic blanket Mum gave us for Christmas, it was really sweet. After lunch was done we decided to try our luck at some fishing. So we headed to a local bait & tackle store & found ourselves a fishing spot... I played in the water for a little while & then cleaned up the area of beach we were fishing in. It was disgusting, so much fishing line, hooks & trash etc. It was really sad. Just after I finished I cleaning up the beach I saw  something floating in the water I went over to the shore line to pick it up and it was a $5 note! The universe really does give back what you put out, to me that is evidence karma exists! Then I had a go at some fishing and yes, I did out fish my husband! He caught one little whiting & I caught 1 whiting (bigger than his!) & a brim! They were only little fish because we were just fishing in a 'bait fish' area & all the fish were let go back into the ocean. The bait we used for those that are interested were blood worms.... It started to get a bit late and considering it's a 2 hour drive home we ended up leaving the coast about 5pm. We had such a great day, we really need a relaxing day away and I highly suggest if you have a day spare just pack up a go somewhere. Go for a drive, go to the beach, go for a hike, whatever just get away. It really helps your mind and soul. Like seriously, leave the laundry for a day, the grass can be mowed the next day & you will not starve if you do the groceries the next day. Just leave the everyday and get away!
I leave you all with some photos of our day away. 
Enjoy...
Beach bound... 
At Currumbin!!
Ahhh relaxing on the beach, there is nothing better...
At the beach!! :)
Jump for joy if you love the beach!! x
Driving to lunch...
Fresh fish...
Lunch... Yummmm. I could totally eat that now!! :)
Relaxing in the ocean...
My little crabby friends...
Just some of the fishing line I picked up... 
Woo hoo thank you karma... $5 richer :)
Sorry bloody worm...
I believe my whiting is bigger!! Woo hoo!!!!
Woo hoo!! I caught a brim...
Thanks God for the pretty light show on the drive home...

And now for a quick outfit of the day video (yes, an actual outfit of the day!! Shocking!!)



Thanks for reading/watching.
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

2 comments:

  1. lovely day and lovely lunch. good memories of my trip to OZ. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect day! Always good to get away and regroup! Even better to spens it with a loved one! Beautiful, fun photos!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)