Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Outfit of the day; Baby shower!

Hey lovelies! 
The other weekend I attended my first ever baby shower for one of my good friends. It was really lovely & had a fantastic afternoon...
I thought I would do a quick 'outfit of the day' post for what I wore to the shower; as I had never been to a baby shower before so I had no clue what to wear so I assume maybe there are other girls out there wondering "what do I wear to a baby shower"? So I made a quick video before running out the door to show you all what I was wearing, now I am sorry my accessories don't show you up in the video very well. I have included more clear photos of them below. I think this outfit is not only appropriate & cute for a baby shower but could almost work for any occasion where you want to look polished & girly. It would be fine for any event from church, to a garden party, a family bbq, a date & even school (if you are allowed to wear heels. The cardigan covers the thin straps so I assume the shirt would be OK for school. **This is judging by what my school used as rules when I was attending. Other schools could have different dress codes**).
So I hope you think this outfit is cute, I really like it. I enjoy wearing girly outfits like this, I just think they look really sweet. I obviously tend to avoid 'fashionable trends' & just stick to what I think/know looks good on me. I think that is the best advice anyone could ever get in the way of fashion. I think trends are often ridiculous & look silly. So sorry this isn't some super fashionable & trendy outfit, that's just not my style. But I still think this outfit is awesome, let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 
So my loves this is the OOTD video... 



Here are some photos;
My gorgeous GUESS watch! I gave it to myself for my 20th birthday!!
This is my white gold, diamond & pink sapphire ring I purchased for myself when I was 19/20 & working & single. It was my 'independence ring'. I love it & wear it everyday.
Some of the cute little details that made the baby shower so lovely.
Hair & Make up for the day. Sorry I don't have a better quality photo... I was running late & was exhausted by the time I got home! 


I styled my hair using my always reliable pin curl technique, I am currently working on a tutorial on how to do that. So stay tuned, it will be coming very shortly!!


Outfit details;

  • Floral top; Valley Girl. It's about 1-2 years old.
  • Cardigan; Valley Girl. I purchased it this March (2011)
  • Jeans; Just Jeans. I purchased these when I was about 16. So they are about 6-7 years old. They have lasted really well & are still in perfect condition. It was hard for me to find any white jeans that fit as well as this pair do. So these continue to be my only white jeans; they are a kids size & I just found they tend to fit me better.
  • Silver shoes; Novo shoes. They are about 2 years old.
  • Bag; Guess. Purchased this July (2011).
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you would like to read more OOTD style posts!! Please check out & LIKE my Facebook 'LIKE' page... Find it HERE... And if you have YouTube please subscribe to my channel :)

Love you all.
XoXo.
B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)