Monday, 31 October 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
How has your Halloween been?
 Mine was nice. Not very Halloween'ish, but still a good day. I had lunch with my brother & I baked some 'spooky treats' for Trent. I baked a chocolate devils cake & decorated it & also made some chocolate spiders (chocolate covered noodles!)... I love holidays, I love celebrating anything! Today my Facebook was torn in 2. Some people are embracing Halloween and loving it, others are fully against it because it's too "American". I find that statement so ignorant. In Australia we also celebrate St. Patricks day, funny how most of those people don't say that day is too "Irish". Halloween was originally a Celtic celebration from Europe. There is a lot of history behind Halloween that can be found from a simple Google search, some people should do a bit of research before making really silly statements that make them sound ridiculous. 
(Sorry I am not going to do an in-depth explanation of the history of this holiday in this blog, but it is easily accessible via Google for those who are interested.) 
But I thought I would share some photos from my Halloween with you...


My local grocery store spooky-fied itself for Halloween!
The creepy doorbell I purchased today! I love it!! 
The Halloween cake I baked Trent. I think it's cute!
My favourite Halloween movie ever! And possibly one of the few movies that Sarah Jessica Parker stars in which is worth watching!! She suits being a witch!!
Jack-o-lantern collection!
I love the fact I own a "Spooky" black cat!! She is so beautiful. (She is also healing from her de-sexing well!)

I think Halloween is a fun holiday. And some people don't like it which is fine, I happen to think the whole concept is a fun idea. I really enjoyed this Halloween & can't wait for next year. But for now it's all over, so all my decorations will come down & in about 2 weeks I will start putting my Christmas decorations up (yes I will be putting them up 2 weeks early to stretch out the Christmas spirit that little bit longer). I love holidays, I love seasonal decorations & I especially love holidays where I can give the people I love awesome presents. So Christmas is easily my favourite holiday, Halloween follows with a close second place!
 What's your most favourite holiday and why?
I am off to sleep lovelies as I want to be in bed well before midnight on Halloween! (It's 11:25pm now)
 I hope you all have/had a wonderful Halloween! 
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.










3 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween, Bella.
    Melvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take a second look at the cat, she doesn't look real!! Your decorations are beautiful, if I wasn't broke as a mofo I would decorate too :) I can't wait to see your Xmas decorations! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog so
    i came to “return the favor”.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
    Also visit my site hair Loss problem

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)