Monday, 4 July 2011

Wedding update!! 26 days to go!! + a FREEBIE!

Hey my loves!
How is everyone? I'm doing ok... Sorry about being a bit quiet lately (I've even been way quiet on Facebook!!) & I predict over the next month or so I may remain quiet... It's just a bit hard to fit everything in when I am sick, have wedding stuff to finalise & life to live :) But when I get a free minute I will try to get on here! Oh & this is blog number 150!! WOO HOO!! So to celebrate at the end of this blog is a present for you ;)
This blog is more of just a wedding update blog for those that are interested... We are down to the final few weeks now!! Less than a month to go, 26 days to be exact!! How exciting!! People keep asking me if I'm nervous! I'm not nervous at all, that's probably the last emotion I think I will experience & I doubt it will happen (if it does it will be that I am nervous about tripping as I walk down the aisle... Not about being 'married). Like honestly not a lot will change for Trent & I, except my last name & some added blingage on my left ring finger!! We now have all our RSVPs back so thank you to everyone that RSVP'd! We are so excited to share our special day with you! On the topic of invitations & RSVPs, argh how frustrating are they!!! We wanted our wedding to remain small, but we both have BIG families! So we cut out people we don't speak to/don't see. And only invited the major people in our lives... Well, suddenly people expect invites, like people were emailing my Mum asking where their invitation was... Like what the hell!? So out of kindness, we mail an invite & they don't even bother RSVP'ing or coming... Argh, reason #68421 why I dislike people sometimes. And when it comes to wedding people seem to become less & less reliable! I swear I should have sold the rights to MTV or E! or something for this wedding there has been that much drama!! It would've made awesome TV! But anyway everything seems to sailing along much better now & I hope it continues to go smoothly until our big day!!
On a more positive note here is a check list of what I have done recently for the wedding...
  • Flowers; they are ordered & paid for :) I'm very excited to see them, they should be beautiful!
  • Flower girl dress is all organised! She looks so damn adorable!!
  • Wedding rings!! Mine has now been picked up & is STUNNING! It's exactly what I wanted! I love it!! Cannot wait to show you all!! Trent's is also organised!
  • I had my tan trial the other day, I have decided to go the lightest shade of tan (it still is pretty tanned though!) Being super pale doesn't suit me (even though naturally I rival Casper for the most white look!) I am really happy with the tan!
  • Suit fittings were done the other weekend, all the boys look very smart in their suits!!
  • Trent looking snazzy in a suit...
  • I have made contact with my photographer (I had to email him a copy of the 'rules' set out by the church for him!)... He seems really nice & should be easy to work with on the day & seems to understand my 'vision' perfectly!
  • I've booked in my nails & eyebrow wax & tan for the wedding :)
  • Accommodation is sorted for the wedding night before/night.
  • DJ is sorted & paid for.
  • I have my gorgeous friend from Melbourne coming up to M.C. the night :) I am so excited to see her!!
  • My veil & dress are being kept safe at the bridal store until I want to pick them up :)
Now for the slightly longer list, stuff still to do;
  • On Wednesday (6/July) I have my make up trial!! YAY!!
  • I am going to get 'eyelash extensions' done very soon!! So I will do a blog on that when it happens!
  • On Thursday we are meeting with the caterer & decorator in Ipswich!
  • I have to find a pretty guest book & pen...
  • This week I will be getting my dressed fitted & ready for alterations.
  • I still have to decide what shoes to wear! I have 2 pairs!! I think I maybe going with the slightly smaller heeled ones, as I am paranoid I will hook my big stiletto in my dress & trip! But both shoes are VERY different & NOT white! (Why waste money on white shoes, I would never re-wear them!!)
  • I will also be sending my engagement ring away to be cleaned & serviced this Friday! :)
  • On the 16Th of July we have the church rehearsal with our bridal party.
  • I am still soooo stuck on what the fudge to use as our wedding songs (i.e: cake cutting, walking out of the church, bridal waltz etc...) I have my walking down the aisle song, I have my father/daughter dance song, but that's it... HELP!? :'(
  • We have to organise the little table favour things...
  • I have to do place cards - fun.
  • I also have to work out how to make church programs...  Any advice!?
  • I have contacted a hairdresser & should be doing a trial in the next week or so, but I am soooo stuck on what to with the hair. Like I have a picture in my head, but I cannot find a photo on the Internet or in a magazine of what I want!!!
  • OK none of these pictures really capture exactly what I want... I like long curls that don't start exactly at the top of my roots & I want volume... And a nice fringe... SOOO Confused!!! But this is kind of it... Thoughts?!
  • I have to get my hair re-dyed probably the week before the wedding.
  • We have to find Mum a top, shoes & bag to go with her pretty new suit for the wedding. So far no luck.
  • I have to find a wedding bag. Well I have found one, by Guess & it's HUGE. Like big enough for me to take my big camera, make up bag & anything else I may need. Mum doesn't want me to get it. But it's white & I will use it again :) If I get a fiddly little clutch it will irritate me & I will never use it again. I hate small bags, they suck!
  • I have to have a final meeting with my videographer...
  • I have to work out the seating plan, which should be oodles of fun!
  • I have to write a speech... :) I don't mind speeches...
And I think that's about it, I probably have forgotten something... But oh well... We just cannot wait for the wedding day to be here & get all the 'formalities' out of the way & relax. Then our lives can go back to normal & not be constantly focused on the wedding! But anyway, I am sure it will be here soon enough & it will be a fabulous day!! Sooo excited!!!
Here are some images I've just been playing around with let me know what you think, I love nice quotes and stuff, but I don't know where I could use these for the wedding... I think I like the 'T&B' ones... Opinions?!
What do you think!? :)

 Oh and before I sign off & forget, present time!! Just because I LOVE sharing things with you all, I have been informed about this fabulous 'freebie'! Head on over to the Kerastase website & down in the bottom right hand corner you can apply for a FREE in-salon hair treatment personalised to your hair type! How awesome is that!! I just received mine in the mail & so I just make an appointment for the Toowoomba Stefan's store & = free hair treatment! YAY. It's nice to get little things like that, that are free (or inexpensive) and treat ourselves :) I think it will be nice to get done before the wedding! So YAY for free things!
So I hope you ladies head on over there & sign up!! :) (expires; September 4th 2011!)
Let me know if you have any advice for the 'month before the wedding' or any helpful tips on making church programs... Leave your comments here or email me or even on the Facebook page for this blog! I love reading all your feedback!
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

6 comments:

  1. very kind thing of you to invite those people who complained about not getting one. VERY selfish of them then not to RSVP back after you go out of your way to include them.

    Your wedding looks to coming together well :) Goodluck!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! Yeah I feel like it was a waste of an inivte... But oh well, I guess karma will take care of it! LOL...
    But thanks for the comment!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see your Bindyland :)
    You have a nice blog


    Nixon
    Theme Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the third card :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nixon... :)
    Yeah the third one is nice, thanks Sel <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people are just so rude...

    I really like the design on the 3rd card :) And the quote on the 1st card is beautiful!

    They'd be awesome on the back of place cards or as favour tags :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)