Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Shoe Collection #2; flats, hideous shoes & shoe storage!

Hey loves!!
This blog will be following on from part 1 of my shoe collection blog which can be found HERE if you haven't already checked it out (it's got all my high heels & boots listed there!!) 
 So now for shoe collection part 2!! I often get told I am silly for owning so many heels and no flats!! But I do own some!! I am on the hunt for some new cute ones as these ones are pretty worn out!!! So I may have some new editions shortly!! Lol... So lets get started....
Flat shoes;
27. I bought these pair before I headed to Winter Sun 2 years ago. As I wanted a cute, black, flat pair of shoes I could walk around in that looked a little vintage. Well, 2 years on they still hurt to wear!!! These shoes give me constant blisters, but I really like them!! Argh, pain is beauty I guess! Maybe I just need to wear them more than twice a year ? Lol
28. These silver shoes were bought from Cotton On awhile ago & need urgent replacing! I like them because they are cute & comfy!!
29. I like these snake skin flats, but my Mother can't stand them. She says I look silly in them. I just chuck them on if I'm heading to the store or if I'm not bothered to do make an effort as they go well with a plain t-shirt & jeans. I like the print of them but I would like it if the sole was a little more structured. I think I got these from PayLess shoes...
30.  If I am heading out anywhere out night (or anywhere I'm wearing heels!), I always toss these shoes into my purse! They fold up super small & are soooo comfy to slip on when you take your heels off if you don't want to ruin them when walking on roads or if your feet are hurting or if you want to do some dancing. I even wear them sometimes shopping. They are really light weight & comfy. And the bow detailing on the front of them adds extra cuteness. I actually got sent this pair for free, but I'm so glad I did. I just wished they bought out a white or blue color so I could buy some for my wedding!! They are adorable, I highly suggest you get a pair!!
31 - 33. My thongs!! Or 'flip-flops' or sandals... Whatever, in summer I love these shoes!! I did have a massive collection of Havaianas but last year whilst living with my sister for like 5 months or whatever her damn Dalmatian puppy chewed like every pair!! (Keep in mind those shoes are like $20 each & I had like 7 pairs!!) Stupid dog. Well not stupid just untrained. But anyway I think everyone should have casual shoes that are easy & low maintenance to wear. I will eventually rebuild my 'Havi' collection... :) I love my 'thongs' Lol. Everyone needs a pair & if you are an Aussie you need a few pairs!!

Now for some shoes that I have had for years & just can't throw out as their ugliness makes me laugh & I hope it makes you laugh as well!! (Let me know if you have an shoes from your 'younger days' that you just can't part with!)
34. These ridiculous pink elf looking shoes, I wore them when I was like 15 when they were 'trendy', I just think they are sooo cute but so weird & ugly at the same time!! I just like them & can't toss them...
35. When I was 18 and was living out of home I wore these shoes all the time!! They were 'in fashion' at the time you know that shiny patent look with a wood grain base... They came in like white, red & black. I wish I had bought the red ones as I would probably still wear them Lol. I wore these things everywhere! To work, out clubbing, shopping and anywhere else I could. I have another similar pair. They are pretty much dead & super gross but I don't know, can you have emotional attachments to shoes!? Oh God maybe I have a mental disorder!? Maybe I need to be on Hoarders or something!? :(
36.  This pair was purchased from Big W or K-Mart around the same time as the pink elf shoes!! Another hideous pair of shoes I can't throw away because their ugliness is hilarious!! Like seriously what the hell, these were cool once!?
37. This pair, like oh god, wedges.. Back when the toes were wider & they weren't 'ultra stylish'. How ugly are they!! Lol!! I think I had these in grade 10 maybe!? I can't remember, but they now just sit in the bottom of my cupboard & sometimes I try them on & laugh!!
38. Oh Lord, another pair of hideous shoes!! These ones are not that bad, but still from the same era as the others. Lol. Seriously does anyone else have shoes they keep that are sooo out of fashion?!

And now the shoes I am wearing right at this very moment. That are super comfy & well a little worn out already (I need a new pair already & I only bought them a few months ago, proving how much I wear them...)
39. My slippers!! I got them from Target & they are furry & warm!! But I've worn them too much & need a new pair. I wear this soooo much!! Lol. But in Autumn/Winter who doesn't live in slippers!? :)

Ok with my 'shoe storage' I don't really have a big fancy cupboard I store them in like Carrie does in her apartment with Big (Sex And The City reference for those clueless folk out there), I just keep my favourite, regularly worn pairs in the cupboard where my clothes live & the rest live in a cupboard in my make-up/hair room.... I wish I had a big shoe closet so I could display them & then buy them super expensive new shoe friends that have names like Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik or Louis Vuitton or even I would settle for Guess (I would own a stack of Guess shoes but the smallest size is too big on me, I am yet to find a pair that fit me!!) & one day that dream may come true (if I win the lotto or this blog becomes mega famous!?). But for now I keep them all in their boxes & as close to how they came packaged as possible. (But with some cheaper shoes they seriously just come tossed in the box, but like my Peeptoe ones they are stored exactly how they were shipped to me, padding, paper, etc...) The stack in my clothes closet reaches my clothes... LOL
 I know I have a lot of shoes (& before I get any bitchy comments about me wasting Trent's money on shoes, keep in mind I bought 90% of these myself when I was single & working & supporting myself!!) & I honestly wish I wore them more,  but it's ok. I guess I know they are there if I really need them. I guess in away they are the some of the most reliable things I have (apart from Trent & my brothers & parents & pets). I love them & seriously I can almost guarantee each pair I can tell you a story or 5 about. :) And seriously days I feel like crap I can throw on a pair of jeans, a basic t-shirt & an awesome pair of shoes = me feeling good! I love shoes. I don't know why, I guess nearly every girl does! So I hope you have enjoyed my shoe collection blog, stay tuned for the final one 'my favourite shoes'... :) - Also there will be another 'final' one after our wedding when I show you all my 2 newest pairs of shoes!! Oh Lord I hope I don't buy another pair, it's hard enough choosing between the 2 I have now... Lol. They aren't typical 'bridal' shoes either (as I would never really re-wear white shoes anywhere) so I figured I should just buy shoes I love & will re-wear!!
Anyway I best be off!
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

PS: If you don't already, make sure you 'LIKE' this blog on Facebook :)

2 comments:

  1. haha those pink thong things are hilarious!! I love the small ballet shoes they are the best invention EVER! I want some! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)