Thursday, 7 April 2011

HOPping into the Easter spirit!!

So last night Trent & I hopped off to see a preview screening of one of the latest & most adorable movies I've seen in awhile... 'HOP'. Now I was super excited to see this movie, I really wanted to see it & when I heard my local shopping centre 'Clifford Gardens' was doing a competition (you spend $30+ in the shopping centre & you go in the draw to win tickets to this special preview screening...) I had to enter & I WON!! YAY, it was a double pass so I dragged Trent along :) I really wanted to wear my new clip in Easter bunny ears that I just bought but Trent wouldn't let me :( But he let me wear my Easter bunny shirt... I love holidays, I love excuses to buy festive shirts, to buy people (my family especially) presents, make greeting cards, I love holiday baking... Like seriously anything festive is awesome in my eyes. So this 'holiday movie' I had to see!
So a bit about the movie; HOP is a movie about two individuals who have different ideas on 'success' then their Fathers. One is a human, one is a rabbit. The rabbit is E.B (Russell Brand) & the guy Fred (James Marsden) who is unemployed & still living at home. Anyway on the eve E.B is meant to be sworn in as the next 'Easter Bunny' he runs away to Hollywood to try and become his dream 'a famous drummer' & ends up getting hit by Fred as he is driving his car away from his parents home after being 'nudged from the nest' & their friendship (well kind of) starts. It's a really cute story & I wont give too much away, I love the scenes inside the 'Easter Factory' it's so magical & just how I imagine it would be if it was real. A funny part I liked was when E.B tries to get into the Playboy Mansion because he read that it is where all the 'sexiest bunnies live', Hugh Hefner had to deny him entry. That part made me giggle. The 'Pink Beret' bunnies (the Easter bunnies royal guards) are sent to try & locate E.B.  Anyway as E.B has run away an evil 'head chick' tries to convince E.B's Father 'The Easter Bunny' that he should be the next 'Easter Chick/Bunny' & when he doesn't get his way he decides to take some drastic evil measures... So what happened? Who becomes the next Easter Bunny? Who will be delivering your eggs this year? Well hop to your nearest cinemas & watch it!! It's an adorable movie, I loved it!! Kayley Cuoco played Freds sister & was as always great, I loved her part from the trailer when she snuggles E.B & when she tastes his 'jelly bean leavings' LOL. Russell Brand was actually surprisingly good as the voice of E.B I am not a huge fan of him, but he did this quiet well. He even popped up in the movie! James Marsden played Fred really well, I just really enjoyed the movie & by the looks of smiling faces around me so did everyone else (especially the under 12 years old category!!) So if you have a young person in your life, use it as the excuse to take them see this deliciously adorable Easter movie. It got me excited for Easter even more :) I wish I had a talking rabbit LOL.

Oh & in the spirit of Hop & Easter I have a cute FREE app on my iPhone. It's the Hop/doodle jump game. Very addictive & hard, but super fun & cute!! GET IT!!
Also this past few weeks I've been playing the 'Lindt Gold Bunny Hunt' (pretty much you answer daily clues & bonus clues for points & the top 10 head to Sydney next week to dig for a big gold bunny & a $20,000.00 prize, they also give away weekly Easter hampers worth $500!). I really am sooo far behind on the leader board as I missed like 4 or 5 bonus clues yesterday as I was out and about. I was on the leaderboard a little for awhile, but well it didn't last long LOL. Anyway it ended today, it is a good competition, but it seems to have a few techinical issues & constant site glitches. But I am sure that will all be improved next year... I just liked waking up every morning & having some cyrptic clue I had to decipher, it got my brain going... But it all ended today & well I knew I wasn't going to be in the top 10, but I did remain in the top 100 -200 regularly, so maybe next year I will be better as I will be an 'experienced hunter'... But thanks Lindt for a fun competiton...
Well guys I will leave you with some 'Easter/Hop' photos... There will be another 'Easter blog' (or 2) to come... One soon on gifts, ideas, cards etc & then another after Easter... :)
Thanks once again to Clifford Gardens for a fun night out, it was a sweet movie & I really enjoyed it...
I like my bunny ears, Trent does too, just not out in public LOL
Hair and make-up. Just natural hair & easy make up... It was only the movies :)
Outfit for the night, typical movie attire; Jeans - Guess. T-shirt - Supre' last year (I hate Supre' but I like this shirt!!) & silver flat shoes are OLLLDDD... from Cotton On.
On the way to the cinema, fair to say I was possibly more excited than Trent....
I love this old cinema it has some beautiful features... I like the pressed metal ceilings...
They gave out Hop stickers & Jelly Belly jelly beans :)
Trent was playing the HOP game whilst we waited for the movie to start....
Some cinema signage.
Being silly when we got home :)
Some sneaky movie photos of the jelly bean scene that I think is hilarious...
The scene with Kayley Cuoco that made me laugh...
The pink dots symbolises where Mum & I were sitting for a short while on the Lindt Gold Bunny hunt leader board!! :)
Now these following photos are some official movie promo' photos...
Hop movie posters :)
What a cute little drumming bunny!!
Ta-da I poop candy!! LOL
Awww what a cute little bunny...
The Pink Berets...
The head Chick trying to hatch an evil plan...


XoXo.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)