Tuesday, 5 April 2011

The best day for a Fearless singer. Taylor Swift.

Hey ya'll...
If you know me personally you know I love music. And you would know that I am a massive, huge, GIANT fan of one particular person... Taylor Swift. I have loved her music for about 4 years now. When I was at School (well grade 12) & it sucked, music was there. I listened to music all the time, I bought slightly angry music Cd's to play in art class, I listened to my Mp3 pretty much all through out school (much to most teachers disgust)... But anyway the point I'm trying to make is I like a lot of music. But it takes something awesome for me to be an actual 'fan' of a singer. There is one singer that I am actually borderline obsessed with, Taylor Swift! Taylor to me is amazing. She is so positive & fresh. She is pretty much what we need. So many young famous kids are train wrecks. Promoting drinking, drugs, stints in jail & rehab & eating disorders, not wearing underwear & REALLY bad fashion. Taylor is someone who kind of avoids the club scene (& she is 21 & legal to drink), she doesn't dress like a sex worker, she has her own style she is proud to flaunt & is happy with herself. I went and saw her concert last year in Brisbane & I LOVED it. It was so amazing & one of the best nights of my life (besides Trent's proposal).... She is apparently returning to Australia sometime this year or early next year with her 'Speak Now world tour'... But I hope to get tickets again to see her. I just think she is AMAZING! And I am going to try so so hard to get into the after show 'T-Party'. I doubt I'll get in, but I'll try... I'll make signs, I will wear some awesome outfit to stand out, I want to get back stage!! LOL
Honestly I care very little for celebrities. I think most of them are pretty conceited & don't appreciate what they get, but I don't know she is different. She is the kind of person you would want to be friends with, she is that cool! Everything she does is amazing, she started out as a country singer (& I love country music) and she got voted & pulled into mainstream music because she is that good & people can relate to her songs & just listen to them & go, yeah I know that situation. Her fans are so random I love it. For example at the concert last year I was seated by a guy about my age (Trent was sitting on the other side of me) & he sung every song Taylor sung, word for word. There were little girls, young women, parents, guys - so many types of people were there. It was great!!
Today Taylor was awarded for her all her hard work & how kind she is too her fans (seriously at her Brisbane concert she went through & hugged some of her youngest fans, her Mum handed out guitar picks - Trent & I got one each!!) Just stuff like that is nice, she is obviously very appreciative for what she has & realises without the love & respect her fans give her, she wouldn't have her fame. I respect her even more for being so kind. Anyway back to what I was saying today Taylor was awarded the ACM highest award 'Entertainer of the year'. She was up against some big names like Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert (who I also love) and many other country music artists. She rocked the night with her hit song 'Mean'. I love this song, it was one of the first songs I really loved of her latest album 'Speak Now'. It really suited how I was feeling about someone in my life who was being really mean & hurtful towars me at the time (& well still is).

There are so many songs of Taylor's I really love. I honestly don't think there is one song I don't love. Anyway I just thought I would do this blog & say a big congratulations to Taylor for receiving the Entertainer of  the year award during the Academy of Country Music award show today in Las Vegas.
She is an amazing artist that now has a string of awards under her belt & she just keeps getting stronger. I think her fans stand by her so strongly & support her no matter what because she is genuinely a nice person & is so appreciative of her fans & doesn't take us for granted. She seems like such a cool, kind & lovable person in the countless V-logs she post on her YouTube channel every few months... Like seriously, she is my dream best friend! So Taylor if by freak chance you read this & would like a new best friend, PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME!!! :)
So here are a few Taylor Swift photos, enjoy :) The following photos are not my property... They are results of a google search, full credit goes to the respective photographers :)
Taylor Swift. :)
Taylor in the 'Our song' film clip...
Taylor Swift - this is my most favourite photo of Taylor!! I would LOVE a photo shoot like this....
Taylor is so pretty, I LOVE that ring... I want it!!
Taylor, so beautiful!
How can you not love her!! This is her famous 'panda sweater'... :)
She loves her Mum as much as I love mine!!
Taylor when she was in Australia in 2010.
Her latest album - Speak Now!!
Taylor with an arm full of Grammys... She didn't just win one, she won FOUR!! That is amazing!
Taylor arriving at the Academy of Country Music award show in Las Vegas April 2011.
Taylor Swift in Elie Saab Spring 2010 HC Yellow Embroidered Gown.

Singing Mean at the ACM awards in Las Vegas 2011
2011 ACM Entertainer of the year!!!

The next few photos are of the Taylor Swift Concert I went to last year... All taken by me :)
Taylor performing just metres from me in Brisbane!! Awesome night!! I LOVE her cowboy boots!!
Trent & I at Taylor!!!
Taylor Swift concert Brisbane 2010.
Taylor & I at the concert... Horrid photo but she is singing in the background :)
Taylors awesome Mum - Mrs. Swift handing out guitar picks :) We got one each...
My loot from the concert. The paper hearts were shot out of a massive canon, it was great. Best night ever... I cannot wait to see her in concert again!!

So anyway guys I'm off to bed, sorry about the slightly random post. But I leave you with some of my favourite Taylor Swift lyrics (click on the name for the film clip)...
  • I have an excellent father, His strength is making me stronger, God smiles on my little brother (s), Inside and out, He's better than I am, I grew up in a pretty house, And I had space to run, And I had the best days with you. These lyrics describe my life perfectly. I love this song. 'The Best Day' (Taylors Version) & then check out 'The Best Day' (my version I made for my Mum)
  • In this moment now capture it, remember it. Cause I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me head first. Fearless. And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. Fearless. (I LOVE this song & lyrics). 'Fearless'
  • You don't want to fight me, in my extra small white tee. 'Thug story'
  • Do you believe it? We're going to make it now. I can see it, I can see it now. 'Mine'
  • But all you are is mean, All you are is mean. And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life, And mean. (I acutally just love this whole song!) 'Mean'
  • Because these things will change, can you feel it now? These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win. 'Change'
  • You don’t have to call anymore. I won’t pick up the phone. This is the last straw. Don’t want to hurt anymore. And you can tell me that you’re sorry. But I won’t believe you baby like I did before, You’re not sorry no more. (I feel some of her songs can be interpreted differently to each person, I'm sure this song is about a guy, but to me it's about someone else)... 'You're not sorry'.
  • I was riding shotgun, with my hair undone, in the front seat of his car, He's got a one-hand feel, on the steering wheel, The other on my heart. 'Our Song' (I LOVE this one, reminds me of when Trent & I first started "dating")
  •  And I know everything about you, I don't wanna live without you. I'm only up when you're not down. Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground. It's like no matter what I do. Well you drive me crazy half the time; the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true. And I'm only me when I'm with you. 'I'm only me when I'm with you' (this song rocks, I LOVE it, ok I love every song, but this one is great! & this video clip is really candid funny moments of Taylor!)
Ok there is a ton of other lyrics I love, but that gives you the short list of songs by Taylor I love. Maybe not the 'typical songs' everybody else loves, but if you haven't heard them I suggest you click on the links & go check out her songs & whilst there check out some of her v-logs, they never fail to make me laugh when I'm having a crap day... :)
My favourite V-logs by Taylor are;
Ok guys, Love you all tons.
XoXo.
B.


    1 comment:

    1. Heeeey!
      This is great!! u really described exactly how I think about Taylor!!! she's sooooooo amazing!! I love her!! And I went to her concert to, this year in march (I live in Holland:P) and it was awsome!!!! It's sooo coool that you got guitarpicks from her mom!!! Her mom is awsome too btw!:P One day I will get into the T-party! I just want it sooooo bad! :D
      Pegicorns forever! :P haha
      Xx me

      ReplyDelete

    Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)