Tuesday, 22 February 2011

A REAL outfit post...

So this outfit posting thing seems to have me a little worried. I don't want to keep doing all these 'pretentious outfit posts', that paint me in the light that I skip around all day shopping, wearing heels & pretty clothes. I often read outfit posts by people that say 'oh I only EVER wear vintage clothes' or 'I only wear designer clothes' or 'I only dress in this certain way', I am sorry but that's a load of bull, everyone has those days where it's nice to just lounge around in comfy well worn in clothes or the days where you have to do house work or yard work, no sensible persons wears designer clothes to do that!! I think some bloggers just write like that as perhaps they like to feel superior to their readers? Who knows. I love dressing nice in beautiful clothes & shoes with my hair all done up pretty with all my makeup done but that happens only a few times a week (if that!!). Most of the time I am worn in shorts & a t-shirt. I stay at home & Trent works, we like it like that. Anyway that means that I pretty much do it all around here, I keep the house clean (TRY), do laundry pretty much everyday, cook/bake for Trent & lucky me I also do the yard work (well mowing...), I like mowing I think it's a great exercise (& I never exercise, I dislike it, I get so bored very quickly...). I get Trent to do the more difficult stuff like the whipper snipping. I HATE whipper snipping, I am scared of the thing, as well as cutting down trees, clearing the jungle we had at the back of our place etc... So he doesn't do nothing, he also works very hard... Lol...
Anyway doing all this stuff (which normal people do, I know...) means I don't wear all my pretty clothes & my hair isn't perfectly curled. It's just thrown on top of my head in a messy bun, if I wear any make up it's my sunscreen & that's about it...
People seem to get the notion that I live this life where it's always happy & perfect & well I really do nothing (to those people I say go fudge yourself), people seem to think if I post things on Facebook or Twitter it instantly reflects my life (happy posts = happy life) this isn't true, I just try to think of the positive things from that day & post them, it makes me appreciate my life more. I TRY to steer clear of negative crap but it's hard, if you are on my Facebook last week you would've read some more 'negative' stuff from me, it's rare but it happens. But now I am back to posting the positive snippets of my day! I just wish people would realise that all my Facebook updates are 'little snippets of my day' not my whole life, I post what I want you all to know, not every minor detail. Just lately I've had some crappy personal stuff happen where someone from our 'family circle' has decided to be a total loser & hurt not only my Mother physically but everyone emotionally. That kind of stress, pain & just disappointment really starts to take a toll on everyone. But then I just remind myself what this person does is 110% out of my control, what they do is their decision & if they choose to not be apart of our family well once again they can go fudge themselves...
Anyway I wanted to show you all an 'average outfit' that I wear often if I am outside mowing the lawn or inside cleaning... On this particular day (yesterday) I had come home from shopping (explains why my makeup was done, even though it's kind of all sweated off!) & there were severe storm warnings happening, so I knew my lawn had to be mowed & if we got major rain (which lately as soon as there is a storm warning everyone freaks out thanks to that stupid rain that caused the inland tsunami we had a few weeks ago...) my yard would be soaked for a few days, which would mean a jungle like lawn for me... So I decided to power mow the lawn. And dude, I totally power mowed it!! I think I easily got it all done in under an hour. Normally I stop, take water breaks, stop readjust my Mp3 player (yesterday it was flat), stop check my phone for messages, take a lunch break - you know pretty much do anything to take a break. But yesterday it was full on no breaks, just power mowing!!
So I wore....
  • shorts by Lorna Jane...
  • shirt by Supre like over 5 years old... It was my favourite shirt for ages!! I loved it & wore it to death, now it has hair dye & bleach marks & has holes in it :( Good yard shirt though!
  • I was wearing shoes... Well thongs from Big W.... Lol.
So a very glamorous outfit... Enjoy... (I look like a grub!!)

Filthy & sweaty... Sexy eh!!
One of more glam' outfits LOL....
Very very filthy... LOL
YUK!!!
Totally exhausted, so hot & sweaty!!
The storm clouds I was racing against...
As soon as a storm is around Daisy will find the smallest corner and squeeze into it. Because I thought it would be a bad storm I opened up our outdoor toilet and she scooted into there LOL...

Anyway after I showered & scrubbed myself clean I felt much nicer & cooler... It was such a boiling hot day!!
I hope you enjoyed this much more 'natural & real' outfit post...
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.


2 comments:

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)