I apologise for this blog being so late (my house has been decorated since before December 1st!) I've just had such a full on couple of weeks. With trying to get better, wedding stuff, house stuff, family stuff... The list is endless! But readers (if you exist...) I am sorry. I've just lately been battling this random exhaustion that I cannot get rid of, I don't know why but the smallest tasks feel massive & I'm always tired but cannot sleep!? Any suggestions on how to stop this problem?
** Went to the Doctor today, got blood tests taken & now have sleeping tablets (wasn't to keen on getting those, but I do need sleep!)**
Anyway enough negative crap, back to Christmas. I thought I would capture some snaps of our OWN home decorated for the season... This year we still only have our little tree (I figure I'm not rushing out to buy a new flash one when Mum is giving me her very lovely flash one after this Christmas!) I have a few new decorations this year & some new 'Christmas home wares'... All very exciting & I tried to take photos of everything the best I could... I really love Christmas, something just clicks inside of me. I get so excited. I like the idea of getting presents, I love surprises & opening gifts. But honestly my most favourite thing is watching someone elses face open a gift I have bought for them (especially when they aren't expecting it). I listen closely to what people mention around Christmas that they would like or even try to think up what I think they may like & try my hardest to buy it for them... Like my family, I know they insisted no gifts for them this year as we have just bought our first home (YAY that fact is still so surreal & exciting to us!!) but I can't help it, I still want to get each of them something, even if it is a smaller present than what I normally spend on them. I just love the excitement of it. Something inside of me just feels so good when I give someone a present I know they will want/enjoy/love. So I've done most of my Christmas shopping with only a few things left to purchase to complete peoples gifts. I have a small Christmas wish list this year...
- A good quality picnic basket
- New curtains for our bedroom
- A picnic rug (a nice one)
- A new kettle (mines on it's last leg)
- Estee Lauder perfume
- The Estee Lauder Christmas make-up kit (really pretty & so much stuff!)
- A new phone (mine is fully stuffed, it sends people random messages!?)
- New camera lenses (I'm dreaming, this is just incase any random super generous person would like to purchase me something LOL)
- My sewing machine serviced & fixed.
- A really pretty Guess bag I saw in a jewllery store, but now it's gone :(
- My family to be all together & to erase all the negative family crap from the last 4 years.
- My family to have a safe 2011 & to remain in good health & always remember how important our relationships with each other are.
- Oh & if I'm dreaming of things, perhaps a Louis Vuitton bag collection (including a vintage trunk) a real life pet squirrel, a brand new MASSIVE stove, a jetski & oh perhaps a BMW or Mercedes (I'm not fussy, either will do!) & just an exotic overseas holiday.
Have a great festive season leading up to Christmas. I'll talk to you before Christmas though, promise.
Love you all.
Enjoy the pictures...
My new pretty table cloth & runner - LOVE IT!
My favourite decoration. Rudi - I bought him at Woolworths & customised him by giving him a red nose!
Our 'first home 2010' decoration - I LOVE IT!
My squirrel decoration (In case you are unaware I LOVE squirrels!)
My cute 'snow moose' ornament...
Mum & Dad bought me this one for Christmas when I was 11!
I bought this one this year for myself & Mum the same one... :)
The star on top of our tree...
Some of my Great Grandmothers Christmas decorations... <3
A Christmas decoration I was given in grade 1 from a school friend
Merry Xmas!Jingle Bells...
Our wall sticker ... Mr Reindeer.
Christmas story favourites... The top one is a personalised Christmas book I got when I was little off of Mum & Dad <3
Trents Mum last Christmas gave us this pretty light up/music playing/snow falling book. It's so cute!
Some of my Christmas cards from lovely friends & family x
Merry Christmas... I hope your decorations are up!! x