Wednesday, 29 December 2010

In 2010 I....

So as I flick through blogs I am noticing a new trend, these new in ‘2010 I did...’ lists. So I figured I should have a crack at one, 2010 was a pretty impressive year for me...

In 2010 I....

Built an even stronger relationship with Trent. Stayed engaged to Trent. Travelled to Toowoomba A LOT to visit the family. Baked a lot. Went to Bridal Expos – the worlds most full on confusing place ever. Started my blog & got addicted. Got tickets at the last minute and went and saw Taylor Swift perform live in Brisbane – best night ever. Found a whip snake in my bedroom & had to remove it by myself (as I was home alone). Helped my Mum celebrate her birthday with a party. Successfully made a cob loaf. Started planning my wedding. Went to car shows & proudly stood beside our Pink Holden EK. Saw the Blind Side and LOVED it, best movie of 2010. Went to Sexpo in Brisbane – very, very strange. Found an unexpected friend in Trent’s ex-girlfriend from high school. Booked the church & reception for our wedding. Kept my braces on (against my will) I hate them. Learnt to be more domesticated. Finally took a trip out of Queensland. Won a trip to Sydney to see Gabriella Cilmi & Jason Derulo perform. Found an awesome & very inspirational blog, I read all the time by Kelle Hampton. Had a great Easter celebration with my family. Got my cat Mishka de-sexed. Got some goats. Fell in love with goats. Went to Outback Spectacular. Looked after Trent when he pretty much broke his shoulder by collapsing when on a ladder. Surprised Trent for his 21st birthday with a surprise party. Bought Trent an Armani watch for his 21st (& secretly wanted it). Visited the Cuckoo Clock factory in Cabarlah & the Bunya Mountains (twice!). Found a dog. Looked for the dog’s owner. Kept the dog after having no luck finding the owner? Love the new dog ‘Daisy’. Bought a pair of cowboy boots. Went with Trent & his family to Melbourne to celebrate his Grandfathers 80th. Finally caught up with my beautiful friend Ally in Melbourne. Bought my first Alannah Hill items. Hand raised an orphaned swamp wallaby & loved it and now miss him very, very much, but I have those memories for life. Believed again that there is a God or something more powerful than us out there, I believe in God, you can believe in what you like. Won a Wii & 50inch plasma. Packed up our life, sadly gave the goats away and moved to Toowoomba. Lived with my sister. Interviewed Ne*Yo with the hot30 countdown. Fell in love with Super Rooster (a Toowoomba take away store, best take away EVER!). Got souvenirs from Hong Kong from Trent’s parents. Won tickets to WinterBeatz – took my sister. Had some good times with my sister. Won more tickets to the Dreamworld launch party for Tower of Terror II – once again took my sister. Enjoyed the Toowoomba cold. Enjoyed all the cafes’ & cottages Toowoomba has. Fell in love with Toowoomba. Got into card making. Tried to get into sewing & quilting. Got my dream camera for my 22nd birthday. Celebrated my 21st birthday again (22) with my lovely family & got spoilt. Became a Grandma when Daisy gave birth to 5 puppies. Applied for a home loan with Trent. Got a home loan. Bought a beautiful house that we are so very proud of. Bought my very own brand new awesome washing machine. Had my Great Grandma pass away. Put Paddy (the wallaby) into a slow release program to be rehabilitated back into the wild. Sold the puppies. Got Daisy de-sexed. Bought Taylor Swifts latest album ‘Speak Now’. Get very hurt by someone who is meant to be there for me. Went to a Melbourne Cup luncheon with my Mum – we were ladies who lunch. Won ‘fashions in the field’ for Melbourne Cup. Celebrated with Trent that he got the new job he wanted. Got very sick & was admitted to hospital for emergency surgery. Now have 3 deadly scars (actually I don’t like them or think they are cool, I wish they would go away). Got out just in time to celebrate my brothers birthday. Picked two fabulous friends as bridesmaids. Was very hurt by someone’s attitude about my wedding. Found my bridesmaids dresses. Bought a killer red dress from Cue for Trent’s & Dads Christmas party. Was kept company by my younger brothers when they slept over. Got furious & upset at someone. Came to the realisation I can be sad about the way people are & treat me or I can just pray for them to become better people. Saw baby deer at the shopping centre & wanted one. Bought more squirrels to add to my squirrel collection. Celebrated Christmas with the people I love & got VERY spoilt. Spoilt my family with Christmas gifts. Finally made perfect meringues that were a massive hit with my family. Perfected the art of shortbread baking. Planned a trip away with my family & Trent for a few days in the new year. Felt so much love & support from my family. Loved the people that matter Trent, Mum, Dad, Lachlan & Tristan. Was super grateful to have such a blessed life & awesome pets (Duke, Daisy & Mishka). Am very grateful to have such fond memories of 2010, it was a big year for us Am very excited for my wedding in July 2011. Am super grateful to be going into 2011 with such a good attitude & such great people in my life. I don’t need the haters. Am very grateful that people read this blog.


Thank you x


(I seriously have a 1000 more things to add to this damn list... But I should stop now... Sorry if I left out any huge occasion...) x

2 comments:

  1. Wow busy year lol I couldn't think of nearly that many things I did in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a very busy & important year for me... I loved it. Chaotic but great :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)