Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Aerogard 'Summer Lovin' ad' = BRILLIANT

I use to do a bit of advertising when I was working, it's something I really enjoyed doing. I often watch advertisements on the TV or listen to them on the radio and think to myself that is utter brilliance or that's complete crap! But either way, when I see something totally fantastic (and it seriously takes something amazing to impress me) I just have to share it (sometimes I'll share the worst advertising or strangest I've ever seen as well)! This would easily have to be my favourite ad' of summer 2010 or perhaps even for the whole of 2010! So this is it, it's a take off of the song from 'Grease' 'Summer Lovin'. This ad' is so great, it's so 'Australian Summer-ish'... The Dad in the red speedos is just the best! 'Beers & snags all after dark', what a great line!! It's just such an 'Aussie Summer' song, I love it. So Australian, 'camping with the family on the Christmas holidays' style ad'. And the timing for when they released it was spot on! (Just before the summer holidays!). This ad' is just so cleverly worded, it's great. Not only is it a familiar song made into a jingle it's something that will stick in peoples minds & the whole thing is just great! Very impressed. I love it, to me whoever thought up this concept was a genius!
Enjoy. x

11 comments:

  1. How pretty is the young girl with the blondish-brown loooooong hair?
    Who is she, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um sorry no I do not know who she is.... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think she is the girl from the TV show "mortified"

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time, I've come across you Bella k. Was trying to find the name of the blonde girl in the aerogaurd summer loving commercial!! You seem very peculiar to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I don't know the names of the people starring in the commercial... Peculiar? Why?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bella,
    I worked on this Aerogard ad down in Sydney, though director Steven Lance is a QLDer like you, I believe!
    Thanks for your positive comments about the ad! It was a fun one to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Scott!!
    That's awesome, I would love to be work on big scale stuff like that. It would be fun!! Good work!! :) I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. where was this video made???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous-
    I am not sure sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, i absolutely adore that young girl with the blonde hair. She is super cute. I must know her name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found her name!

    Marney Kennedy, famous Australian actor. Known mostly for her role as the main character in channel 9's "Mortified". I shall be watching quite a few of those episodes. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)