Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Ladies who lunch...

Yesterday my Mother and I decided we would frock up and be ladies who lunch. All in celebration of the race that stops the nation the 'Melbourne Cup'. Now we had planned to do nothing really for that day except we both had things 'around the house' that had to be tackled (i.e: for me it was packing!!), but... At about 10am we decided to do something, almost every 'luncheon' in our area (Highfields) was starting about 11 - 11:30am. So honestly by the time we decided to do something I had an hour to get ready!! STRESS!... So I quickly threw on some fake tan, went through my whole wardrobe trying on 'race day' dresses & finally decided on my 'engagement party' outfit from Kitten D'amour (I soo love all the clothes from this Brisbane designer! Best clothes EVER! I just wish I was mega wealthy so I could afford more!), some how managed to do hair & make up in such a short time and was ready to go out...
So our first stop was the local 'T.A.B' to place our bets on our 2 horses 'Shocking' & 'So you think'... I've only ever betted once before and I had no clue how to do it and well my Mother is a blonde! (LOL, but she had never betted before either so we had no clue). Finally we worked it out, placed our bets and hurried off to our luncheon that was being held at a local restaurant in Highfields 'La Frescos'... And it was packed full of 'Red Hatters', now a 'Red Hatter' (so I'm informed) is a lady who is over 50 and wants to enjoy life. These ladies are certainly colorful in their purple outfits and bright red hats (they are very noticeable, so you will know if you see one!) And they are so lovely... Anyway lunch was wonderful (I had the fish & Mum got the chicken parmigiana) And some cool news, I won 'best dressed' YAY for me. I was quiet pleased considering I had an HOUR to get ready LOL.
Even though only one of our horses placed today (3rd) I had a really nice day out with Mum. It was nice to get all pretty and go out during the day and pretend we were 'ladies who lunch', we even got our photo snapped by the local paper, so look out social pages!! Here are a few photos of our fun day out...
All ready to go 'lunch'
On our way to lunch. :)
Mum and I looking fabulous... :)
Mummsy and I.
My outfit for the day...

Anyway have fun and I hope you had some luck on race day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)