Thursday, 27 May 2010

I went Cuckoo in Cabarlah...



Last Sunday Trent and I set off on an adventure day. Our first stop (my idea!!) The Cuckoo Clock Centre or Black Forest Hill at Cabarlah (which is just outside of Highfields in Toowoomba...). It was very, interesting and well I think unique is the right word. We only stopped in for a short look around. This place was crammed wall to wall with Cuckoo clocks and grandfather clocks and German odds and ends and ornaments. Definitely an experience... It is said that it is Australia’s largest display of German Grandfather Clocks and Cuckoo clocks & I believe that it is! There were TONS of clocks! My favourite part of the whole experience seeing their huge range of totally adorable Christmas ornaments. I love holidays, I love themes, and I love decorating stuff; so seeing all this Christmas stuff made me so super excited for Christmas this year. I told Trent before Christmas we are making a trip back for some new Christmas ornaments. There stuff is just so beautiful and adorable, I was in love! I swear certain objects in this store were made for me, my favourite animal is the squirrel – I’ve never seen one or met one, but I just love them... There was so many cute squirrel things... This place definitely has to be seen to be believed – the precision that must go into handcrafting these clocks in insane. I cannot believe they are handcrafted! They are amazing and the tiny details have to be seen to be believed... and so are there price tags, but a heck of a lot of work goes into it... But I guess if clocks are your thing this would really be the place where to get your stuff. This place is very unique and so very very adorable. It has a real old world feel. I thought it was very cute and the girl behind the counter was so happy and polite. Their range of products can be viewed here & I think you can buy products online. If you are in Toowoomba one day I highly recommend checking this place out, I’ve never seen anything like this, it doesn’t take long to stop in and look and it is FREE! So definitely worth the half hour stop! They are open 7 days and are online -> Black Forest Hill. To get there you go through Highfields where Mum & Dad live and Highfields is full of different little crafty cottages with little stores and cafes – my all time favourite ‘The Chocolate Cottage’! But that is all for another blog. So check this place out, they are something different and very adorable. I will definitely be back before Christmas – I want at least one squirrel Christmas ornament...
I only snapped a few pictures inside - I was a bit too shy to ask if I was allowed... So anyone from The Cuckoo Clock Centre, I'm sorry if I wasn't meant to snap away... So here are the few I took and really check them out online for more information!! 
This wheel is made from local timber - it is a replica of the waterwheels used in old German Village streams and rivers that generate electricity... Pretty cool - & makes for cool photos!!

I really dislike this photo of me, but the clocks are amazing!!
These are hand-crafted wild boars - I was going to buy for my younger brother who loves pigging and stuff like this, but sorry Tristan - $500.00 for pigs. I think not.
See a squirrel!! (This clock was $14,990.00!!!!)

Making friends...
My favourite part - look at all the Christmas stuff!! LOVE!
Such an adorable and very sweet building... It reminds of Hansel & Gretel!
I dragged Trent along but he was pretty impressed with the craftsmanship of the clocks.
This place is so unique and very cute. Really go check it out. It is FREE to look and there is no pressure at all to buy anything.. So really worth going, even if it is just to stare in awe at all the clocks (which is exactly what I did!)
x.B

3 comments:

  1. I've been here :) Its an amazing place

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is quite different. & pretty amazing.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you
    amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog
    site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea
    Look at my web blog ... e-cigarette special code

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)